Your First Visit
Please arrive 15 minutes early and bring the following to your first appointment:
- Your completed paperwork (you can download the forms from our website).
- Your prescription for physical therapy.
- A copy of your insurance card.
- If you are covered by Workers' Compensation, bring your claim number and your case manager's contact information.
- If you are covered by auto insurance or an attorney lien, make sure you bring this information.
On your first visit you will be seen for the initial evaluation by the therapist. The therapist will then formulate a list of problems you are having, and how to treat those problems. A plan is subsequently developed with your input. This includes how many times you should see the therapist per week, how many weeks you will need therapy, home programs, patient education, short-term/long-term goals, and what is expected after discharge from therapy. This plan is created with input from you, your therapist, and your doctor.
What You Should Wear
You should wear loose fitting clothing so you can expose the area that we will be evaluating and treating. For example, if you have a knee problem, it is best to wear shorts. For a shoulder problem, a tank top is a good choice. For low back problems, wear a loose fitting shirt and pants or shorts.
If you have any questions regarding your first visit our staff will be happy to assist you.
Phone: (714) 633-7227