Working to Help Protect Our Patients, Clients, and Staff
Committed to the health and safety of our patients, clients, members, and staff, we are following federal, state, and local guidelines to help prevent transmission of communicable diseases, including coronavirus.
Please stay home if you are feeling any symptoms of illness, if you know or suspect you’ve been exposed to COVID-19, if you have recently traveled outside of California, if you have recently gathered with a group of 10 or more people indoors (other than those from your own household) or if you have been advised to stay at home due to your age and/or a preexisting condition.
If you have traveled out of state or gathered with a group of 10 or more people indoors (other than those from your own household), you need to either: a) Quarantine for 14 days, or b) Quarantine upon your return/after your gathering for a total of 7 days with a negative COVID test taken on day 5 before coming in to our facility.
UPON ENTERING SCAR YOU WILL NOTICE THAT…
- Masks will be worn by staff, patients, clients, members, and visitors according to the latest state guidelines, which are subject to change. Everyone is expected to provide and wear their own mask. Kerchiefs, gaiters, balaclavas, face shields alone, and masks that have vents are not permitted.
- Screenings will be conducted – your temperature will be taken via touchless thermometer, and our staff will ask if you’re having any symptoms, as well as whether you’ve recently traveled out of state and/or gathered with a large group indoors.
- We are following social distancing recommendations and limiting the overall number of people permitted in the facility. To facilitate social distancing we have moved and removed some of our equipment. And there are signs reminding everyone that use of adjacent machines is not permitted.
- Our ongoing strict cleaning protocol for disinfecting tables and equipment before and after each patient and use remains our top priority.
- Handwashing remains an essential practice to prevent transmission of communicable illnesses.
ONLINE CLASSES, PERSONAL TRAINING, AND PHYSICAL THERAPY VISITS
- Online fitness and Pilates classes will continue to be provided for those who feel more comfortable at home. Registration for online classes is required.
- In the event that classes can be held in-person again, class sizes will be reduced to allow for social distancing.
- Online fitness training sessions and telehealth PT visits will continue to be provided to those who feel more comfortable at home.
If you are in an identified higher risk group – age 65+, obese, chronic heart or lung disease, diabetes, and/or suppressed immune system – please consult with your physician regarding the best course of action for attending your medical appointments, including physical therapy, and for visiting local businesses and service providers.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at 714-633-7227. Thank you for your cooperation with our efforts to help everyone stay healthy!
We Are Open AND Offer Telehealth PT Visits and Online Training!
PTs have been designated by the US Department of Homeland Security as “essential critical infrastructure workers,” which means we are continuing to provide hands on patient care at SCAR. But if you are in an identified higher risk group for COVID-19 – age 65+, chronic heart or lung disease, diabetes, and/or suppressed immune system – you are safer at home. We have launched telehealth PT visits to meet the needs of new patients and those continuing an existing plan of care from the safety and comfort of your own homes. Our fitness center staff have also been teaching classes live online and posting videos of workouts that can be done at home on our YouTube channel. Please call 714-633-7227 or email [email protected] for more information.